My Ideal Holiday

My Ideal Holiday

The US, known for their delicious and tasty hot dogs. “Wouldn’t it be nice just to go back to the US?” asked Mom, snapping me out of my daze. “Yeah, I guess so.” It had been over six years since I had seen my siblings and my fathers grave. Thinking about it is just so daunting and the thought of not seeing my siblings is pretty hard.I miss them a lot just to not think about them every single day.

“Li’i, wake up!” It’s a normal school day and I have to wake up so that my mom and I can have our prayer in the morning. As always I mention my siblings in my prayers, it’s hard to think that you haven’t seen your siblings for over six years. Walking to the school building, the only thing I can think about is seeing my siblings together with my mom and I.The US is known for many things. Things such as their famous Hollywood movies, especially their award-winning movies and books. One of the most played sports in the US is American football and I am honoured that my nephews play in a team for American football.Most of my dad’s side are living permanently in America and I don’t think that I have met any of them (so that’s probably part of the reason why I want to go to America.)My dad has about 10 other siblings which for might have been quite busy for my grandparents to take care of. The US is full of amazing actresses and actors and also incredible singers such as Rihanna, Beyonce and many more other singers. California is also known for their box houses.

Lastly, the reason why I would definitely like to go to the US is because I One hundred percent want to go visit my dad’s grave. And if I had one chance to go to the US then I would.

By:Sapapalii

One thought on “My Ideal Holiday

1. Kia ora Sapapalii, this is Manar from the Summer Learning Journey. Thanks for sharing your post about your beautiful dream holiday!

Have you tried The Summer Learning Journey blogging activities for this year?
    Everyone who participates will receive a certificate and a digital badge for their blog and there are some great prizes up for grabs for our most active bloggers. It’s also a lot of fun! You can register here.

Manar Mahmoud (SLJ)